It’s officially the end of Week 3 of our Book Tour and our time on the farm, and our retreat, is at an end.
Here’s what we learnt:
- Horses can eat water lilies out of their dam and survive
- 36 degrees is unpleasant no matter where you are
- taking time out is important, so important that I think this should be number 1
- Cleaning is a great way to get out of writing and our caravan is now spotless
- Christmas Book Tours are fun as long as you have a farm to come home to
- You can write wherever you are but sitting under a shady tree watching donkeys and goats increases productivity
- Being still increases productivity
- Taking time to look back is important…it shows you how far you’ve come
- taking time to look forward is important, too, and what better time is there to plan out the new year than when you’re feeling good about point number 8
- Taking time now to do nothing much except write (and clean and sell books and go for long walks in the bush and swim in the sea and watch horses eat grass and count the stars in the night sky) is the best time of all.