Have you ever wondered how to become a bestselling Indie author? Well, here’s the secret: write and write a lot. This is from a woman who has just celebrated selling over 7 million books. Her other secret is to work really hard for a very long time.
Bella Andre is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of “The Sullivans”, “The Morrisons” and “The Maverick Billionaires” series.
In this episode we chat about the following:
- what it was like starting out when Indie publishing was the ‘wild west’
- the importance of good writing habits
- writing fast
- why ignoring the white noise of social media is important
- a love of reading
- prioritising your writing
- the importance of writing buddies
- Conferences and networking
- building a community
There’s a lot more to this interview than mere details. It’s the generosity of spirit that Andre exudes. She makes it not only possible but probable that we can do what she’s done. And that’s exciting.
Better still, she’s heading our way, with her first stop in Sydney, then over the paddock to New Zealand and the Romance Writers of New Zealand Conference.
You can find out more about Bella and her books here.