ABIA award-winning and bestselling author, Rachael Johns, is one half of the duo who has been organising the upcoming Australia’s West Coast Fiction Festival, an event eighteen months in the making. The other half is Tess Woods.
It’s shaping up to be one of the biggest events of the year as sixty top Australian and New Zealand authors converge on Perth on the 3rd of November, 2018, for book signings, a cocktail party and live band.
Johns is currently Australia’s leading writer of contemporary relationship stories around womens issues and her newest release, Lost Without You, is hitting the shelves as we speak.
Our conversation is a free-wheeling chat around what it means to build a community around your books and our conversation includes:
- why your readers matter
- libraries, bookshops & festivals
- writers retreats
- the benefits of bookclubs (Johns’ club, with friend Anthea Hodgson, has over 1000 members)
- authors promoting each other’s books
- Di Morrissey and Judy Nunn (Nunn will be at the festival)
- online communities, word of mouth meeting with your fans
You can meet your favourite authors, including Johns, Judy Nunn, Amy Andrews, Fiona McArthur, Pamela Cook, Helene Young and more at the West Coast Festival. You can find the full list of the sixty attending authors here.
You can find out more about Rachael and her books here.