Are you a grey area drinker? If your writing routine is anything like mine you go about the business of writing all day and knock off in time to do a little editing whilst watching the sunset and enjoying a glass of wine or two…or three.
Imagine my chagrin reading psychologist and author, Cassandra Gaisford’s latest book, Mind Your Drink: The Surprising Joy of Sobriety; Control Alcohol, discovering freedom, find happiness and change your life. Alcohol is a neurotoxin, a flammable liquid and a poison.
So much for romance. In this episode we chat about the following (among other things):
- alcohol and our writing productivity
- happiness without alcohol
- experiencing joy and physical wellbeing
- our changing relationship with alcohol
- drinking habits (and how they impact on our writing habits)
- why giving up alcohol is hard
- creative expression and joy
- rethinking drinking
- a good night’s sleep
- stressing less/loving more
There’s also a sobriety journal and a Mind Your Drink workbook. You can find out more about Cassandra and her books, courses, and other writing here.
Disclaimer: as I write this I’m sitting on my verandah, watching the sunset and my drink of choice is lime and soda in a chilled glass with ice and a swizzle stick