Karen Viggers is the award winning, internationally bestselling author of four novels, including her new release, The Orchardist’s Daughter.
She writes contemporary realist fiction set in Australian landscapes, and her work explores connection with the bush, grief and loss, healing in nature, death, family, marriage and friendship.
During our conversation, we discuss the following:
- the intersection of nature and humanity
- our connection to nature
- the big philosophical questions
- the importance of solitude and thinking deeply
- hope, intimacy, humour
- setting, character & narrative
- writing the landscape novel
- the music and rhythm of words
- what is literary fiction
- and more
You can find out more about Viggers and her novels here.